Classical music has recently had a revival of interest thanks to new talented young artists like Vanessa Mae who have re-interpreted the classical style with a modern feel which appeals to a wider audience.
Several club members are classically trained and regularly appear in major orchestras and ensembles throughout the UK, but that does not prevent them from playing a mean blues!
Browse the links below to find dedicated classical and opera related websites, links to orchestra's & opera companies, read classical & opera music articles or listen to classical music on your PC whilst you work/surf with Beethoven.com classical music internet radio station - find out whats on & when with our Webcast Listings updated hourly.
- Aria Database - Information about over 700 operatic arias including libretti, vocal range, brief synopsis and translations.
- Bob's Opera Madness - provides the opera lover with an entertaining and informative look at opera. Site includes comprehensive listing of appearances by opera singers in the movies, a unique 3D opera gallery, a collection of great singers' endorsements of various products, a remarkable photo essay of the great singers just being people and links to opera sites on the web.
- British Choirs on the Net - Annotated list of choirs throughout the UK which have web sites.
- Cello Concerto - imaginatively translated piece of doggeral by Peter Hollander from the original anonymous German source. The Joy of Cello Playing website also contains some excellent humourous sketches and online lessons taken from cello teacher and author Harry Wimmer's books.
- Choral Public Domain Library - An archive of free choral music available in MIDI format for download. A PDF listing of scores denoting the composer, title, contributor, voicing, and language of each piece is provided.
- Classic FM (UK) online radio version of the radio station.
- Classical Connect a virtual concert hall and the biggest searchable collection of classical music on the Internet.
- Classical Music Archives - offer 24,188 full length classical music files by 1,557 composers, in MIDI and Live Recordings downloadable in HiFi MP3, and streamed in Windows Media Audio.
- Classical Midi Collection - site aims to provide the classical music enthusiast with an easy method of accessing MIDI sequences of classical, romantic, baroque, renaissance, impressionistic and choral music from traditional and contemporary composers. You can browse the site and listen to and/or save any of the sequences available and read the tutorials for tips on creating your own classical midi files.
- Classical Midi with Words - Featuring art songs with synchronized lyrics and translations hosted by the REC Music Foundation who also provide a shareware program for Windows which plays their midi files and present the synchronized dual-language lyrics simultaneously. Midi song files available in English, Scottish English, French, Italian, Hungarian, Russian and German.
- Classical Music City - Classical music news, video, concert announcements, jobs, events and auditions. Great social network for classical musicians.
- America's Favourite Classical Music Bloopers - A collection of unintentionally funny things that students have written in their formal papers like concert reports, rehearsal papers, tests and reviews provided by professor of music and conductor Andrew Levin
- Classical Singer Community - The Classical Singer magazine website provides a free mailing list, news, reviews and articles on singing and classical music for singing teachers, singers and classical music lovers.
- Crwth - is a Welsh music site with up to date information and listings on concerts and other classical music events in Wales.
- Free Classical Sheet Music 10 top downloads available free plus links to free sheet music available on the internet for classical music lovers.
- La Scena Musicale - Comprehensive, informative classical music magazine with classical music videos on the web.
- Lied and Song Texts - Extensive archive of texts to Kunstlieder and other art songs in over 12 languages including Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Russian. Searchable by composer, poet, first line or titles.
- London Philharmonic Orchestra has exhilarated audiences with performances featuring world renowned conductors and soloists since its foundation in 1932 by Sir Thomas Beecham. Appointed resident orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall from 1992, the LPO has also been resident symphony orchestra at Glyndebourne Festival Opera for the past 35 years.
- Music at Oxford is a registered charity which aims to further the interests of live classical music lovers, be they artists, audiences or sponsors. Now in its 17th Season, they are one of the most respected concert promoters in the country.
- MusicLink is hosted by, Springwood Music Workshops, Water Street, Huddersfield. Here you will find a growing list of links to sites in the UK where classical music interests are promoted.
- Music Now Composers Site - Independent record label specialising in contemporary classical music by British composers and performers, many of whom are associated with the Scratch Orchestra/Cornelius Cardew Composition Prize.
- Musicians Gallery - is the invention of conductor John Georgiadis providing compact details of classical musicians and where to contact them.
- Musica - The International Database of Choral Repertoire is a choral documentary search tool and a pedagogic tool for conductors, musicologists, schools of music, musical federations, music stores and people eager to know about choral music repertoire.
- Musicosophia UK - Musicosophia is an international educational organisation who's aim is to help listeners to know deeply the music of the greatest composers. Courses are interactive but non-technical for all ages from 6 years upwards. Founded by Rumanian musicologist Professor George Balan.
- Mutopia (Public Domain Sheet Music) Seventy years after a composer dies, the copyright on his work expires and anyone can copy it. Music publishers, however, own the copyright on their typeset editions and therefore the only way to legally copy this music is to write it out or typeset it yourself and allow other people to make copies. This is the essence of Mutopia - a growing number of musical scores all typeset using GNU Lilypond by volunteers.
- National Anthems - Index to the words of numerous national anthems.
- National Youth Orchestra Association of Canada - Information in English and French about the association plus auditions and competitions.
- The Naxos Learning Zone website includes a very comprehensive Glossary of Musical Terms. Other sections include An Introduction to Classical Music, Composers' Biographies, Chinese Music, and Classical Music in Films. As one would expect, the website includes details of the CDs published by Naxos.
- Opera - online version of the UK's leading opera magazine containing news, letters, features, interviews and reviews of performances from around the world.
- OperaBase - Opera resource which includes databases of performances, artists, schedules, opera houses and festivals. Also provides news, reviews, related links and Opera Timelines. This highly praised database offers numeorus searching options for locating data about Opera. Note the special arrangement with the Grove Dictionary of Opera that provides full-text material in the database.
- Opera Rara - specialise in reviving forgotten operas by recording and making them available on CDs, they are also mail order specialists for other rare operatic and related recordings.
- Opera Singers on the Web - Extensive directory of music related email lists including lists arranged by instrument, group and musical genre complete with subscription instructions.
- Plymouth Classical Music Concert Diary - information about orchestral, chamber, instrumental, choral and similar concerts and recitals in the Plymouth area which enables concertgoers to plan their diaries some time in advance.
- Score Exchange - formerly Schubertline. A comprehensive online library of Schubert's songs with new songs added weekly with the intention of adding all Schuberts Vocal Music over the next two years. The library also includes a growing selection of songs by other composers. These are all high quality editions of classical songs which may be viewed, played and printed in any key.
- The Opera Critic - Reviews, articles, news, opera companies, schedules and a quiz plus archived features from the online magazine.
- ThemeFinder database contains the initial portions of melodies for about 20,000 themes from Classical and Folksong repertoires. When searching for recordings and scores of particular works, we usually rely on title information. When title information is not available but melodies can be recalled, they can be searched using Themefinder.
- Vocal Repertoire Ideas
for extensive list for all classical or theatrical voices including duets from Karen Mercedes.
Orchestra's & Opera's
Acoustic | Blues | Christian | Classical | Country | Folk | Gospel | Jazz
Musicals | Rap n HipHop | Rock | World
Home | Lessons | Interactive | Gig Guide | Site Map | Free Stuff | Contact
© 1998 - 2017 Electric Blues Club - All Rights Reserved
Graphics & Services