DEGREES, BTEC/NC/ND/HNC & HND COURSES
- Access to Music Ltd Music Performance - Wide selection of courses delivered at Colleges of further/higher education everywhere Including Institute of Music Facilitators' Course (Open College Network Level 3). Pre-foundation, 1 year Course equivalent to A level, incorporating Instrumental study, music, music history and the music industry
- City of Westminster College, London BTEC/NC/ND/HNC/HND in Broadcast Audio Engineering, Music Technology, City and Guilds Sound Engineering Course also available.
- Doncaster College Art of Recording
- Deep Recording Studios, London Provides free apprentiship training in Sound Engineering and Production leading to City and Guild Qualification for the unemployed.
- Institute of Music Technology, Deptford, London - City & Guilds courses, new deal for musicians and commercial courses.
- Leeds Metropolitan Creative Music and Sound Technology
- Leicester College NVQ Level 2 HND Sound Engineering & Music Technology
- Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts Performing Arts (Music)
- London Electronics College
offers national qualifications in skill-shortage specialisations. These include Electronics Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Information Communications Technology, and IT Systems Support.
- Manchester MIDI School Courses 1 day or 2 evenings per week in Dance Music Production, Studio Recording Diploma, 10-week DJ course, etc.
- Newcastle College B Mus in Jazz, Popular and Commercial Music, HND Courses in Music Production, Music Theatre
- Point Blank 23-28 Penn St. London N1 5DL Tel:0207 729 4884. Award-winning courses in music production, DJ skills, songwriting & arrangement, singing & songwriting and radio broadcasting.
- RedTape Music Technology, Band Development, Music Production, Dance Production, Artist Management , Studio Skills and the Music Business (North of England)
- School of Audio Engineering Technology College, London BA in Recording Arts, Plus Studio Sound Certificate, Audio Engineering Diploma, DJ Certificate, Dance Music Certificate plus Audio, Multimedia, Digital Film, TV and has institutes based in London, Liverpool, Glasgow, Australia, Sweden, Zurich, Vienna, Berlin, Singapore, USA and other countries
- Stow College (Music & Creative Industries Department), Shamrock Street, Glasgow G4 4LD. Courses in Music & Audio Technology NQ and HND level available, plus theatre arts, acting and performance, music industry management, marketing and digital production courses.
- Swansea Institute BSc(Hons)Music Technology modules cover software and hardware techniques, acoustics and sound engineering for studio and live performance.
- Thames Valley University, Ealing Degree courses in Multimedia Computing with Music, Multimedia Computing with Sound and Music Recording, B Mus Music (Performance/Composition), B Mus Popular Music Performance
- The London Music School 6 month full time Course in Audio MIDI Technology
- University of Derby Popular Music with Music Technology
- University of Leeds BA Music Theatre (New from September 2002) School of Performance and Cultural Industries,
- University of Salford Popular Music and Recording courses Click Here to visit their acoustics, audio and video department home page.
- Sandwell College, W. Midlands HND Course in Professional Sound Engineering
- University of Surrey B Mus Hons in Music and Sound Recording
- Truro College, Cornwall HND Sound Engineering and Multimedia Integration Tel: 01872 265829
- University of Westminster - Bas/BScs Degree in Commercial Music
- University College Warrington Bas/BScs Degree in Media Studies (Commercial Music Production) With Business Management and IT
- West Kent College, (University of Greenwich)Music Technology
PART TIME/SHORT COURSES
- Access2 Training - in conjunction with Glasshouse Productions Ltd offer sound engineering, music production and promotion courses in Coventry, West Midlands. Courses range from 10 weeks to 2 years. Also offer a course in live music production and promotion designed for anyone wishing to become an Agent or Promoter in the Live Music Industry.
- Alchemea College of Audio Engineering - The Windsor Centre, Windsor St, London N1 8QG. Tel: +44 (0) 20 7359 3986. email: email@example.com. 8 week "Studio Assistant Certificate" or a 9 month "Advanced Diploma". We are also a Digidesign Certified Training Location and provide 3 to 8 day Certified Pro Tools Training (101, 201 and 210M courses).
- Base Sound
Weekend live sound engineering courses in Gloucestershire.
- Bonefide Studio - recording and rehearsals group of studios based in central london, offering personal or group training in sound engineering.
- BSA Live Sound Engineering Courses at the Brighton School of Audio in Brighton, Sussex.
- City of Westminster College, London - offers short courses in Sound Enginering, Music Technology, Pro-Tools, Cu-base plus City & Guilds and BTEC Diplomas in sound engineering, music technology, film and performing arts plus short taster courses.
- Deep Blue Sound, Barbican, Plymouth, UK professional recording studio facility providing nationally recognised courses. - music technology, music production and sound engineering courses for beginners upwards for musicians, dj's
- Eh Acoustics Sound services - Edinburgh, Scotland - providing training, installations and sound engineering services.
- Focus Training Sound engineering and computer music courses.
- Gateway School of Recording and Music Technology, Kingston, London, UK - Higher Diploma in Recording, Music Technology and Music Business, Sound Engineering Courses, Composition for Film and Television, plus Short Course Program (Kingston)
- Generator Short 4 Day Courses on the Music Biz Include copyright, finance, legal etc. run at venues in North of England. Arts Council of England and European Social Fund funded. Support for Schools, Organising interdisciplinary projects, seminars etc. around music
- High Barn Studios & Venue Based in Braintree, Essex this studio offers short one and two day studio, music production introduction and music business workshops and courses.
- Higher Rhythm Recording & Training Studio, Doncaster - We offer accredited training and learning in music and recording technology. (We can offer free training and learning to target groups and clients.)
- IMW Sound Recording and Music Technology Diploma (London area)
- London Musicians Collective provides 2 and 3 day intensive digital audio, midi engineering and sound engineering courses
- Music Masters Music Production Courses Run By Leading Producers includes One residential course at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire and another at Blueprint studios in Manchester.
- Online Studios Unit 18-19,Croydon House, 1 Peall Road, Croydon, Surrey CR0 3EX. Tel: 0208 287 8585 email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide short courses & one-to-one training at their facilities in Croydon, South London and have been established for over 9 years. Courses available include: DJ Training, Music Production, Studio Training, Remix & Production Masterclasses.
- Record Producer provides free online recording studio techniques for the home studio, record producer and recording engineer which includes advice on studio building, equipment, recording and production, plus Audio Masterclass Sound Engineering and Music Recording course in two e-books.
- The Recording Workshop based in West London, provides part time certificated courses on all aspects of Music Technology, Production and Sound Engineering for able and disabled people.
- Red Tape Studios - rehearsal and recording studios based in Sheffield who also provide a variety of sound engineering courses and short courses for amateurs.
- School of Acoustics & Electronic Engineering based in Salford, UK provides Diploma and Undergraduate Degree Courses.
- Technics DJ Academy, Manchester DJ Skills, Sound Production, Events Promotion, courses from 2 days to 6 months.
- The People's College, Nottingham - full and part time sound engineering courses
- Soundcraft - manufacturer of mixing desks provides sound engineering training weekends plus site has downloadable brochures, tech datasheets, user guides downloadable in .pdf format.
- Sound Recording Training UK - An eight week course in recording techniques. Presented in 'bite-sized' sessions for your convenience provided by Studio 64, Middlesborough.
- The Sound Training Centre of Ireland based in Dublin, Ireland. Provide courses in sound engineering, music technology, lighting and stage production, sequencing, sampling and online learning.
- Recording Workshop short courses in Recording and Production (W. London)
- Women In Tune - is a registered charity that organise training and events for females from 10+ including dj courses, p.a. courses and open stages in Swansea and surrounding areas.
DISTANCE LEARNING & ONLINE TUTORIALS
- Audio Courses provides the 'Studio Recording Engineer Programme' distance learning course, and for a limited time you can sign up to receive a series of free studio tricks and tips. Click Here to Rate our site at @ Audio Courses
- AudioMasterClass distance learning and online training in sound engineering and music recording.
- Audio Tutorial UK provides basic technical information for students on various audio related courses. to audio with explainations and animated movie examples on acoustics, psychoacoustics, microphones, loudspeakers.
- Recording Institute of Detroit (and Developing Artist Productions) online course and mentoring services start Jan 1st 2003.
- Basingstoke College of Technology full time 1 year city and guilds courses.
- BBC offer training posts in sound engineering for those who have completed A levels or an advanced level course.
- Darnell Music Factory is a community music project based in the East End of Sheffield. It provides people from 14+ with training and employment opportunities in the music industry including sound engineering.
- Drum Tech Young drummers' academy For under 15s
- ITV offer training posts in sound engineering for those who have completed A levels or an advanced level course.
- The Brits, Croydon State-funded secondary school for the Performing Arts, supported by the British Phonographic Industry
- Lambeth College Sound Engineering, Electronics & Sound Recording certificates at Lambeth, London.
- Livewire Youth Project in Cornwall offers young people the opportunity to learn new skills including sound engineering and digital music.
- Northbrook College (Sussex) New Foundation Degree in Music Production - 2 years Full Time (1 year top up to BA/BSc hons.)
- Powerhouse, (Acton, London) Intensive courses, part time, private lessons, Three months full time or one year diploma full time, International atmosphere. Comprises:
- The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance (Formerly The Guitar Institute, The Bass Institute, The Drum Institute and The Vocal Institute, now united under a single name). Offers a wide range of full-time and part-time courses, classes and lessons for beginners to to Degree level on guitar, drums, bass, keyboard, vocals, music production, sound engineering, music theory and songwriting.
- Apple Beam Studios Learn Music Production At Home from a professional working music producer who teaches from a home set up in Wembley Park (West London). £25 per hour. I can come to your place so long as you use Cubase SX as this is my prefered music production programme. Email: email@example.com
Back to Top